If you haven’t tried coconut flour in a recipe yet, try this one.
Here is the recipe link below:
Coconut Pancakes By Nourishing Days
It may take a few try’s to get it right.
This is how hers came out:
And, this is how mine came out:
They aren’t the prettiest pancakes, but they tasted great!
I am a newbie with using Coconut flour. My goal in having a healthier diet includes using coconut flour to replace the all purpose flour in recipes.
With that said, there are some notable differences when you are accustomed to All Purpose flour.
1. Coconut recipes require many more eggs- so you will taste it.
2. The texture IS different. (You have to store your coconut flour correctly or you can get very grainy tasting results.
I keep my bag of coconut flour in a double ziplock bag, then place it in the back of the refrigerator. I’m not an expert, but that’s my method.)
3. You will get fuller faster. (If you normally eat 6 regular pancakes, coconut pancakes will have you full in 3 or 4. That’s what happened with us. )
4. If you don’t have the right technique, you will have to try again. (With regular pancakes, the technique isn’t so critical in your success. But, with the coconut flour pancakes, you’ve got to be ‘on point’. )
5. When you get the coconut pancakes right, you will be amazed. It will taste great and your body will feel great.
Here are some links to other articles that talk about the benefits:
Examiner -Top 5
Eating Well – Pros and Cons
Diabetic Connection – very informative plus other links
These were awesome!
Please share your thoughts. If you know more about this topic, please share.
This is a wonderful journey to healthier eating…